In honor of keeping with a Healthy and Happy New Year, Tri-State Nutritional Healing Center is offering 25% off a Complete Nutritional Exam and a few tips on how leading a healthy lifestyle through out the New Year can be used to keep you on track.
Healthy Resolutions For Your New Year!
Soon, another year will be put in the rear-view mirror that encompasses 365 days of ups and downs. Each year is as individualized as the person who lives through it. Some people will reflect back on those 52 weeks with a warm smile and the base of nostalgia, while others will continue pushing with the deep wish of a brighter year.
No matter what emotions that arrive when you think of this past year, a large part of the end is looking forward to your new beginning. According to a recent study, 45% of Americans said that they usually make New Year’s resolutions. Unfortunately, only about 8% of the people who take on new goals will be successful in achieving those resolutions. Out of all the typical resolutions that Americans make each year, most of them fall under the categories of self-improvement and living a healthier life. Let’s take a look at some great ideas to start off your New Year with a new you!
- Exercise, Exercise, Exercise – If you talk to any employee of a fitness center or a gym, we bet that they would tell you that the first week in January is much busier than the last week of December. This year, push yourself to be one of the very few who stick with your planned goal of increasing the amount of active time that your body craves. While each individual’s regimen at the gym is different, getting yourself to get active is the most important thing.
- Drop The Stress – Humans have been facing pressure and stress since long before we knew how serious some of its side effects can be. The risk of developing depression, heart disease, and sleeplessness are all susceptible to increasing for those individuals with a high-stress level. Use this year to focus on relaxing more, spending more time with the ones you love, and getting a little more sleep.
- Eating Right – While there are plenty of foods that are almost universally “good” or “bad” for us, each person should have a unique nutritional plan that is as unique as the person following it. Take the New Year in stride with the rejuvenation that comes from proper nutrition. This is a perfect time to contact Dr. Rob at Tri-State Nutritional Healing Center and let a true professional guide you to a better you!
- Quit Smoking – It seems as if every year there are less and less people smoking cigarettes. The reason it may seem like that is because it’s true! The last few years have brought in some of the lowest levels of adult smokers in the last 60 years. In 1955, 45% of Americans said that they had smoked a cigarette in the past week. Recently, those numbers have fallen to about 1 in 5 adults (or 20%). Join the legion of people who chose to break the habit and start the year fresh with more fresh air for your lungs.
- Drink Less – No, we do not mean water when talking about “drinking less”. Ironically, New Year’s Eve is a popular holiday to spend having a few drinks with your friends and family. Even though there are plenty of studies that show health benefits to a little amount of certain types of alcoholic drinks, over-indulging leads to an array of serious medical conditions. Keep an eye on your alcohol consumption and focus on hydrating your body with less fermented fluid.
The healthy resolution suggestions above are a good starting point to get you thinking about what you would like to change about yourself this year. Take these basics and apply them to your life in whatever way will make you a better person with a healthier body. Remember to set realistic goals and take a break to pat yourself on the back when you keep on the right track. If you slip up on one of your resolutions, get up and keep going instead of throwing the whole idea away. Also, don’t forget that it is a great time to contact Tri-State Nutritional Healing Center to make an appointment. Let Dr. Rob guide you to achieving your goals and becoming a better you!
Need more help? That’s what we’re here for. Call today to make an appointment with Dr. Rob and let us help you get your health back on track.
Mention this article to get 25% of a Complete Nutritional Exam.
Tri-State Nutritional Healing Center
100 Growth Pkwy, Angola, IN